Hmm there’s something going on this weekend, but I just can’t put my finger on what it is… What could it be… That’s right- it’s Valentine’s Day!! February 14th is coming up quick, but don’t worry if you haven’t made your plans yet… I’ve got you covered! Single or taken, here are 10 ideas how to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year.
1. Romantic breakfast in bed. There isn’t much that can beat cozy blankets, a hot cup of coffee and a fresh cooked breakfast with your love for a lazy Valentine’s Day morning. If you have a sweet tooth, these easy Red Velvet Pancakes are perfect for you. If you’d prefer something on the lighter side, try these Skinny Banana pancakes with a homemade strawberry smoothie or make a delicious smoothie bowl. These chocolate-strawberry muffins with your coffee are another idea out of the countless possibilities!
2. Date night out. There’s just something fun and exciting about getting dressed up and splurging on a fancy date and what better occasion than this? Whether you’re trying a new restaurant or sharing a milkshake at one you know and love, enjoy a night off from cooking and treat yourself to something good!
3. Date night in. Now, I know this is probably what most nights are for you, but put a little extra effort into making this night more special than the rest. Set up an indoor picnic by the fireplace (with s’mores of course!) or build a fort in your living room and watch a movie under the blankets. For dinner, try making heart-shaped pizzas and be sure to enjoy it with a glass of your favorite wine. Don’t forget these red velvet cupcakes or chocolate fondue for dessert… no utensils allowed! 😉
4. Spa date. For couple who love getting pampered, schedule a couples massage for the two of you and then enjoy a relaxing bubble bath and champagne together at home. If you’re feeling extra crafty, make your own bubble bath.
5. Love from afar. This holiday can be hard if you can’t be together with your love. Set up a Skype or FaceTime date, but also take the time to write out an old fashion love letter to the man or woman in your life. During this hard time in your relationship, your words of encouragement and love that they can read over and over will mean so much. You can also surprise him with an embarrassing Valentine’s care package in the mail (that he will secretly LOVE) with these “open when” letters, a CD of meaningful songs, a personalized phone case, a sweet little pillow and of course their favorite foods!
6. Girls night out. Plan a night with your best girl friends! Shop for a new dress and go out for some drinks and dancing. You’ll have an unforgettable night with your girl friends and you never know, maybe you’ll even meet someone new!
7. Host a girls night in. I am a huge fan of girls nights in, for any occasion! What’s not to love about spending time with your girl friends painting your nails, DIY facials, watching the greatest movie ever made (The Notebook, obviously!), and cozy blankets?! Can’t forget the wine and chocolate!
8. Host a “bubble and brunch” party. If you love breakfast food as much as I do, then a brunch is your kind of party! Pair it with mimosas and your girl friends will love getting together for this classy party.
9. Go on a blind date. If you’re single and ready to mingle, let your friends play match maker and set you up on a blind date. If you’re feeling a little nervous about it, suggest that your friend join you and make it a double date. You never know- you might get shot by Cupid’s arrow!
10. Last, but not least, spread love to others. Volunteer at an animal shelter, visit a nursing home with fresh flowers for the elderly or bring valentines to a children’s hospital. Search for local opportunities to volunteer this year. Showing love to others is the best way to celebrate this holiday of love.
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day?