Hi there, remember me?? Well life has been
a little crazy this past month and unfortunately blogging has taken the backseat in the crazy ride of life. As the end of August approaches (say what?!) and a new month soon begins, it’s as good a time as ever to set new goals for myself. I encourage you to take the next couple of days and set some personal goals of your own for this coming month! What are they? TELL ME. Let’s keep each other accountable. Here are a few of mine:
- Stay consistent and discipled with my half marathon training schedule. 1 week down, 11 to go.
- Write at least 6 blogs this month. If you have any requests, I’d love to hear them.
- Meal prep for each upcoming week. This is new for me, but it’s something I’ve been wanting to do. I plan on writing a blog at the end of the month to share my experience.
- Try lots of new, healthy fall recipes. Did you see that Starbucks announced they are now using “real pumpkin” in their Pumpkin Spice Lattes (#PSL)? What were they using before I wonder…
On that note, let’s talk pumpkin. Please, please, please don’t fall for the artificial, preservatives, sugar-filled pumpkin trap when there are so many health benefits to incorporating real pumpkin in your recipe! To name a few of these benefits, pumpkins are:
- loaded with beta-carotene
- high in fiber and protein
- low calorie and low fat
- jam packed with essential vitamins and minerals
I know it’s much easier to pick up any and every pumpkin-flavored item at the store, but do yourself a huge favor and put down the pumpkin imposter! If you don’t have time to make pumpkin recipes, just make sure the pumpkin products you are buying at the store are free of preservatives, artificial flavors and chemicals (try organic pumpkin puree, pumpkin ice cream, maple pumpkin KIND bars, organic roasted pumpkin seeds, pumpkin granola, etc.). All you need to do is look at the ingredients listed- if there are things you can’t pronounce… put it down! The less ingredients listed, the better. If you have time, I encourage you to try out some pumpkin recipes! Here are 10 recipes I’ll be trying this September/October.
1. Pumpkin Pancakes by Nosh and Nourish
2. Pumpkin Pie Butter Cups by healthy nibbles and bits
3. Banana, Pumpkin Seed and Almond Granola Bars by Deliciously Ella
4. Stuffed Pumpkins by Deliciously Ella
5. Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Granola by Savory Style
6. Vegan Pumpkin Hot Chocolate by Running with Spoons
7. Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins by Running with Spoons
8. Pumpkin Seeds by Simply Recipes
9. Black Bean Pumpkin Soup by Smitten Kitchen
10. Pumpkin Dog Biscuits by A Cozy Kitchen
Introducing the newest member to our little family! Even little Sydney can benefit from pumpkin!
Alright, time to get cooking! First up: pumpkin spice granola recipe. What pumpkin recipes are you planning on making this fall?