Today is a day of mixed emotions. After having Mo home the past two and a half weeks, it’s definitely a bummer that he had to go back to work today. On the other hand… BACHELOR PREMIER TONIGHT! Who else is excited??! With Mo back at work, I had some extra free time this morning and used it to prep our meals for the week.
I typically plan meals on Sunday and plan two options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a few healthy snack options to have on hand as well. That is what works best for us, but maybe you like having more or less options. It’s completely up to you! In case you were running low on ideas for meals, here is what’s on our menu this week.
- Scrambled eggs with Frontera salsa
- Old fashioned oats with almond milk, chia seeds and cinnamon. Topped with pomegranate seeds or berries if I have them!
- Sandwich with whole grain bread, chipotle chicken, Laughing Cow pepper jack cheese, spinach, tomato and red onion
- Salad with fresh tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, red bell pepper and canned tuna (less sodium) with a lemon/olive oil/oregano dressing (inspired by Kayla Itsines’ post on Instagram)
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chowder – I made this one for tonight and can’t wait to try it when I get home from work. It smells amazing! I substituted sweet potatoes for regular potatoes, almond milk for half and half, and almond flour for regular flour. These simple substitutions made it gluten and lactose free.
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken Tacos – if you haven’t noticed, I love using a slow cooker. It gets the work done early and there’s (almost) always leftovers!
- Non-fat Greek yogurt
- Green apple
- Raw nuts and raisins
- Raw veggies and hummus
I always have Larabars on hand in case I’m craving something sweet at night. With all natural ingredients and delicious options like Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cashew Cookie, and Peanut Butter and Jelly, it’s a good way to satisfy your sweet tooth. (Tastes even better when heated up for 10 seconds!)
What’s on YOUR menu for the week??