This time of year is all about the holidays and traveling for Thanksgiving and Christmas. As you start thinking past winter and onto spring trips, I want you to keep this post in mind, especially since you’ll want to book accommodations in advance! Spring is a great time to go to Yosemite – the waterfalls are in full force from the melting snow, school isn’t out yet, and the weather is perfect for hiking. So, what better occasion for us to go than for my birthday!
Mo and I stayed at the Yosemite Valley Lodge and took advantage of the free shuttle that runs throughout the park to get to trailheads. I’ll let the photos speak for themselves. I couldn’t have asked for a better way to celebrate my birthday!
Driving into Yosemite / Bridal Veil Falls
Yosemite Valley Lodge / Dinner at The Majestic
Vernal Falls + Nevada Falls
Sunrise at Glacier Point
Tips for Yosemite:
- Pack snacks for the trails – my favorites are almonds, an avocado, almond butter packs and apples.
- Pack water. And lots of it.
- Wear layers – parts of the trails are very shady, windy and chilly, and other parts are sunny and warm!
- Book your reservations in advance – whether you’re staying in the park, outside of the park, or camping, spots fill up quick!
- Your legs will get tired of the rocky paths, the steep climbs and the switchbacks, but IT IS SO WORTH IT.
One thought on “Turning 27 in Yosemite”
Wow!! Yosemite has definitely been on my National Parks bucket list, and these pictures definitely upped it on the list!! So pretty!